Cheese, Bacon And Cabbage. What’s not to like?
I’m calling this a cheesy bacon slaw simply because I don’t know what else to call it. I did actually make a similar cold slaw that went along with my Keto tuna salad. This morning when I opened my fridge I saw some bacon that needed to be used up as well as some cabbage. My friend Anu whose house I always stay in when I visit the UK had made a simple cabbage and bacon stir fry. That sparked the idea to make this cheesy bacon slaw. A few ingredients and a frying pan is all I needed and I had this incredible dish. It works great as a side dish or even as a main course. It’s filling, fatty and delicious. Enjoy!
Some other easy Keto recipes
This recipe is just super easy and you can use red cabbage as well. I would also recommend doing this with spinach, kale or mustard greens. You can also play around with the seasonings and the herbs. I just used what I had on hand. Anyway enough jibber jabber here are some of my easiest Keto recipes.
- Kale Chips – A great Keto snack. Quick and easy.
- Chicken Nuggets – Helps to kill those fast food cravings
- Keto Berry Mousse – When you need a quick and easy dessert
- Tandoori Roast Chicken – Family meal done quick and easy
- Chicken in a Mushroom & Wine Sauce – A perfect meal for one
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 328
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Carbs: 5g
- Fat: 29g
- Protein: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
This recipe makes 2 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Cheesy Bacon Slaw
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and shred the cabbage.
- In a cold pan start frying the bacon on a medium heat and allow the fat to render.
- Once the bacon is cooked to your liking, add in the cabbage and season with the salt, pepper, paprika and dried oregano.
- As the cabbage starts to soften, add in the cheese and cream and mix well.
- Once the cabbage is cooked to your liking, turn off the hear, garnish with the fresh coriander and serve.