Steak & Creamed Spinach
3 Ingredient Keto Dinner
Dinner has never been easier. This 3 ingredient Keto dinner of steak & creamed spinach is quite literally, DA BOMB! If you are someone who doesn’t like cooking much or doesn’t quite have the time. This is the recipe for you. It’s one of those ready in 10 minute dinners and it’s also just 1 pan. The best part is that it’s totally flexible and easy.
This was part of my Keto for Beginners 3 Ingredient meal plan series.
This works for EVERYTHING!
Food doesn’t need to be complicated. This recipe is proof. The meat shines through, so do the vegetables and it’s got all that good healthy fat. The best part is this works for ANYTHING. If you’re not feeling like a steak you can use a pork chop, a chicken thigh or breasts with skin on or even some fish. Not a fan of spinach? Maybe you have some mushrooms in your pantry, use that instead. You can also use bell peppers, asparagus etc etc. You get the idea.
Now if you and dairy aren’t friends then swap out the heavy cream for coconut cream. It’s pretty easy to play around with this recipe. If salt and pepper is too ‘boring’ for you then use any spices available. Maybe some paprika? Cumin? Curry powder? You can really have a blast with this recipe.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 606
- Net Carbs: 2g
- Carbs: 4g
- Fat: 38g
- Protein: 59g
- Fiber: 2g
This recipe makes 2 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal. If this recipe feels like too much protein for you just eat a smaller portion of steak to balance out the macros. I assume 2 filets of 250g each raw weight. So if you want drop the portion size to maybe 150g raw weight of each filet. Enjoy!
Steak & Creamed Spinach
- 500 grams Steak This is 2 filets of about 250g each
- 200 grams Spinach
- 50 ml Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Tsp Avocado Oil (for frying)
- Season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat some avocado oil in a cast iron pan and once smoking add in the steaks. Now you can cook the steak to your liking. I like to go by touch and feel but use a cooking thermometer for a more accurate cook.
- After flipping the steaks over I add in the butter and baste the steaks in the butter. Once done I remove them from the pan and then add the spinach to the same pan.
- Cook the spinach till it wilts down and then add your cream and season with salt and pepper. Cook longer to dry out the liquid if you prefer it that way or leave it a bit more fluid.
- Serve the steaks along with the spinach.