Keto For Beginners – 5 Ingredient Keto Meal Plan
Easy 5 Ingredient Keto Recipes
Another week and another Keto meal plan. This is a 5 ingredient Keto meal plan. It’s part of my larger Keto for beginners series of videos. I started this series because of the 2020 pandemic but quickly realized that for a lot of people these plans took the difficulty out of cooking and meal prep. Meal prep helps you stay on track with your diet and that’s why I recommend it.
I must also mention this 5 ingredient special doesn’t include basic pantry items of salt, pepper, sweetener and oil for frying. But it’s about keeping it simple and clean. If you are just starting out also check out my Keto for beginners playlist with episodes 1-5 which will help you get started.
It’s important to remember that I’m NOT a doctor, nutritionist or dietitian. I’m just a musician/Youtuber who has done Keto so please do not take any of this as medical advise. If you have pre-existing conditions please consult your doctor or a qualified professional before doing anything. This is simply a resource for people who need it. So please treat this as a disclaimer before proceeding. Enjoy the video below and then carry on reading.
Get back to the basics
Eat only when hungry
Tracking macros is essential when it comes to any diet for weight loss. However there is plenty of flexibility to manage weight loss on Keto without doing this in the start. There are many reasons for this which I won’t get into but. However it’s important to still exercise restraint and portion control. So make sure you don’t just eat for the sake of eating. Eat only when you feel hungry. You don’t even need to finish an entire portion of food if you can’t. In the event you’ve eating say a serving of something and still feel a wee bit hungry that’s fine, give it 10 minutes or so. The reason being it takes you stomach about that much time to let the brain know it’s full and being a tad hungry is never a bad thing. Of course don’t starve yourself but you have to learn intuitive eating.
Track your progress
Hopefully you haven’t just weighed yourself at the start of your journey but you also took measurements. I did forget to mention to also take photographs. The scale is just one way of measuring progress and often can be deceptive. On Keto you might not lose weight but you might lose inches. This is why measure yourself, take pictures and compare them week after week. Don’t get into a habit of checking daily. Just do it every Monday morning, same time, in your birthday suit and be done with it. Also watch my video called ‘The Goal Weight Delusion‘
It doesn’t matter what exercise you do but just do something. As the song goes, 1-2-3-4 get your body on the floor. This is important for many reasons. Even though you can lose weight without exercising and I did that myself in the start it’s not the best practice. Exercise has many health benefits and it’s also vital to help keep your BMR up. You can choose from a variety of options for physical activity based on how fit you are currently. Whether it’s going to the gym, running, cycling, dancing, drumming or even just walking, it’s all good. Do something!
The Menu & Food substitutions
Here is the full meal plan. I’ve given some information about each meal along with the substitutes for certain food items. If you can’t find one to your liking then leave me a comment below.
Breakfast – A simple Keto shakshuka. I guess there aren’t too many substitutions here. And if you can’t get Feta cheese you can use any kind of cheese you like. I would recommend a soft cheese like goat’s cheese perhaps. Also I used a store bought marinara sauce for this recipe but you can totally make a big batch of my Keto marinara sauce to keep for recipes like this.
I guess if you are vegan then you can swap out this breakfast from the meal plan with my Keto upma or my Keto poha.
Lunch – Saagwala Chicken or Chicken in Spinach Sauce! If there was ever a way to get in your greens into a meal in a delicious way, this is it. It’s a lot of spinach which is great! Chicken can be swapped out for fish and if you’re vegetarian get some paneer. Vegan? Tofu and coconut cream will do. Of course if you have access to more spices like tumeric, cumin, coriander powder and red chilli powder, I would and those while frying the chicken. You can serve this meal with a Keto naan or some cauliflower rice.
Dinner – Keto potstickers or Keto dumplings. Whatever you call them, these are little packets of deliciousness. I love a good pork filling in mine but you can use any meat you like. If you are vegetarian or vegan, paneer, tofu, mushrooms etc all work as well. You can also steam these first and then pan fry it like I did in my original Keto Potstickers recipe. And honestly if you feeling a bit more adventurous in the kitchen then attempt my recipe for Hungarian Cabbage rolls, they are to die for!!!
Just edit the quantities based on your appetite. If you have left over food you can always freeze it for up to a full month. So this is more just a list, quantities will vary based on how much you eat. Also double check if you have any of these things left over from last weeks meal prep before buying fresh stuff.
- Marinara Sauce
- Chili Flakes
- Feta Cheese
- Ground Pork
- Spring Onion
- Spring Onion
- Garlic Paste
- Full Chicken Legs (Skinless)
- Heavy Cream
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Garam Masala
- Olive Oil/Avocado Oil (any Keto cooking fat)
- Salt & Pepper
That should cover everything. Adjust the quantities based on how much you are going to eat. For example if you eat 2 eggs a day then that’s 14 eggs you need in total. If you eat say 1 chicken breast a day then get 7 chicken breasts. You get the idea. And just a reminder for my Indian viewers to check my Shopping guide for Indians for suggested brands.
Eat for the week
Try and eat the same food everyday and it will help you stay on course or at least 3-4 days in a row. After which you can rotate with another one of my meal plans.
Keto For Beginners – 5 Ingredient Keto Meal Plan
Breakfast - Shakshuka
- 1 Egg
- 30 grams Headbanger's Kitchen Marinara Sauce
- 30 grams Feta Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Tsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Butter Order online
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Lunch - Saag Chicken
- 450 grams Full Chicken Legs (Skinless)
- 250 grams Spinach
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 60 ml Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- Salt to Taste
Dinner - Potstickers
- 200 grams Ground Pork
- 6 Cabbage Leaves
- 10 Grams Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add in the chili flakes. Once the butter starts to sizzle add in the marinara sauce and give it all a good mix. Once that's bubbling turn the heat down to low and crack the egg in the pan. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes depending on how you like your eggs cooked. Leave uncovered for a runny yolk. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and then crumble in the feta cheese on top of the sauce and eggs. Turn the heat off and finish with the freshly chopped parsley. This recipe is 1 serving.
- In a large saucepan add the spinach with about 30ml of water and some salt. Cover and cook till the spinach has wilted down. Transfer the spinach with any liquid from the pan into a food processor and blend to a smooth puree. Add more water if needed to blend. Then in the same saucepan heat up some ghee and once hot add in the chicken. Season the chicken with salt and also add in the ginger garlic paste. Sautee the chicken till it starts to get some colour and caramelize. Then pour in the spinach puree into the pan. Don't forget to rinse out the blender, waste none of the puree. Then lower the heat and cook for 8-12minutes or till the chicken is FULLY COOKED. Then add in the garam masala and cream and mix well. Cook for a minute before turning off the heat. Serve with cauliflower rice or Keto naan. This recipe makes 2 servings.
- In a bowl mix together the pork, garlic paste, soya sauce, chopped spring onion and salt and pepper. Boil the cabbage leaves till tender and if they are very large then cut them into half once they have cooled. Fill each leaf with some filling and then wrap to make the pot sticker. In a frying pan heat up the olive oil and then fry the pot stickers. Turn the heat down to medium and cover and let it cook for 4 minutes. Then flip the over and cover and let them cook for another 4 minutes. Once the meat is fully cooked through remove from the pan. Pour any juices left in the pan over the pot stickers. Finish with the spring onion greens. This recipe makes 10-12 potstickers.
Hello. Under this video, on you tube, it says: Get the recipe with macros at https://headbangerskitchen.com/recipe… However, when I clicked on the link I could not find any macros, is that omission by mistake or on purpose? And if it is on purpose, does that mean that you do not post macros of your recopies? Thank you
I post macros on individual recipes. Since these are 5 ingredient meals and more for ‘beginners’ I don’t put the macros, you can just input the 5 raw ingredients in your app. It’s quite simple. Since people might alter these recipes a bit based on various factors. But all the individual recipes on the website have calorie and macro information.
I tired the Shakshuka and Saag chicken. It was delicious, very easy to make and most of all simple ingredients that I can find in my fridge and pantry. Thanks for sharing!
Big thank you to Sahil Makhija and the great community they have put together. Keto has done a lot for my struggles with my weight. I was told by my doctor that if I didn’t lose some weight safely in a timely fashion that I was going to develop much more serious problems than I already had. Heart disease, cholesterol and high blood pressure are big problems on both sides of my family.