This keto cheeseburger casserole recipe is great for your keto diet—and the whole family. It’s loaded with all your favorite cheeseburger flavors and some!
If you’re looking for quick and easy low carb meals for the average busy weeknight, this easy keto cheeseburger casserole is sure to be an amazing recipe the entire family will love. It’s hard not to love the taste of a big juicy bacon cheeseburger. What better way to get that unique taste than with a unique low carb cheeseburger casserole recipe… and with bacon!
Keto Cheeseburger Casserole Ingredients
- Lean Ground Beef
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese
- Keto Mayonnaise
- Keto Tomato Ketchup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
*See full recipe card down below for exact measurements and detailed instructions
Keto Cheeseburger Casserole Directions
- Start by chopping the bacon, onion and chives and setting them aside.
- Get your cast iron pan or large skillet on the stove, add the bacon and turn on the heat to medium. This allows the bacon fat to render down and then fry the bacon.
- Once the bacon is crispy add in the onions and cook till translucent.
- Then add in the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and make sure to break up the meat as you don’t want big clumps.
- Once the beef has turned fully gray/cooked you can add in the mustard, mayo, ketchup and cream cheese to get the perfect ground beef mixture. Mix well till everything is combined.
- Turn off the heat and cover the top with the shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese and then pop it into an oven on the broiler setting to melt the cheese.
- Once the cheese melts and gets a bit of colour remove from the oven
- Garnish with the chopped chives and you’ve got your easy cheeseburger casserole. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (Per serving)
- Calories: 552
- Net Carbs: 5g
- Carbs: 5g
- Fat: 44g
- Protein: 37g
- Fiber: 0g
This recipe makes 2 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
The best thing about cooking is that once you get comfortable in the kitchen you can get creative. Don’t be afraid to play around with different spices, sauces, or other simple ingredients.
- Onion powder (works if you forgot to get an onion at the grocery store)
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
Let’s Rock and Casserole: Cheeseburger Edition
Burger + casserole = delicious cheeseburger casserole. Growing up in India I didn’t eat too many casserole style dishes, though my mom did have one amazing meat sauce and mashed potato one. Ever since I started keto five years ago I definitely got more into making these casserole style dishes. Today we’re taking the legendary cheeseburger and making a one pan cheeseburger casserole. This has all the classic American flavours but it is totally keto-friendly if you’re also following a ketogenic diet.
It’s a simple one pan dish. I mean the less dishes you have to wash the better, right? Which is why I selected my trusty new single serving size cast iron pan. You can always use a regular frying pan and then transfer the contents to a casserole dish but this just makes life a lot easier. So if you don’t own a cast iron pan, I might suggest grabbing one for recipes such as this. Sure, they take a bit of maintenance and work to clean up but it’s worth it. From the stove straight to the oven; let’s cook!
Using Meat Alternatives
Well the truth is, if you aren’t using beef, is it still a cheeseburger? Probably not but let’s not fuss over the fine print. You can make this recipe with any ground meat you like. You can even use a plant based ground meat substitute to make it vegetarian.
When it comes to serving this dish I just eat it as it is. But if you want to get the whole ‘burger experience’ then you can eat it with some lettuce, dill pickles, and tomatoes on the side. That way it’s pretty much a deconstructed burger minus the hamburger bun which is great for keto and low carb folks. I do, however, believe that these days you can buy keto-friendly and low carb hamburger buns in stores. So, why not grab one of those and eat this with that if you feel like it.
If you’ve got ground meat that needs to be used I’ve got tons of awesome recipes. Want to amp up the cheeseburger casserole? Try my Pizza Cheeseburger Frittata. Or perhaps try something more exotic like my Keto kebab koobideh or my Keto kheema.
More Keto Dinner Recipe Options
Loving this keto casserole? Looking for new recipes to switch up your meal routine? I’ve got tons of options for you to check out. Here are just a few:
- Big Mac Salad
- Keto Stuffed Peppers
- Keto Chicken Adobo
- Japanese-Style Keto Chicken Wings
- Kabab Koobideh
What do you think about this low carb bacon cheeseburger casserole? Are there changes you might make? Or do you have another favorite keto casserole you go to? I’m always down to learn about a new casserole dish. Let me know in the comments below. Also, tag me over on Instagram if you try out this original recipe, or any other recipes from my site. I’d love to see what you cook up!