The BEST Keto Salmon Recipe
Today we’re making a Keto salmon recipe that’s going to blow your mind. Well actually it will just really tantalize your taste buds. I would consider this an incredibly fancy meal, perfect for date night. Of course I call it fancy because salmon and asparagus are two ingredients that are EXPENSIVE AF in India. You do get local asparagus but the less said about it the better. Salmon of course is imported from Norway so it costs a lot. Therefore at least for this Indian person this is a bit of a fancy, special occasion meal. Of course I’ll throw in some cheaper options but for now enjoy the recipe!
This recipe to be honest is a great base recipe or technique rather for making a delicious meal. Essentially it’s fish with a creamy sauce on a bed of veggies. For starters, you can swap out the asparagus for green beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower etc etc. It’s literally about taking a vegetable you enjoy and cooking it in some garlic and butter. For the fish I’d suggest any filet of fish that is easily available to you. If you missed the memo, fish/seafood is Keto so take your pick. And finally in the sauce you can swap out the capers for olives and skip the onion for lower carbs and you are good to go.
While you can pretty much use this recipe for any meat at all I’d probably suggest if chicken is your choice of protein don’t use this recipe. I’ve got a bunch of great recipes that work far better with chicken like my chicken in pesto, chicken in mustard sauce and chicken in mushroom sauce.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 778
- Net Carbs: 7g
- Carbs: 13g
- Fat: 64
- Protein: 39g
- Fiber: 5g
This recipe makes 1 serving. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Keto Salmon in a creamy lemon sauce
- 150 grams Salmon Filet
- 200 grams Asparagus
- 5 grams Capers
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 10 grams Diced Red Onion
- 10 grams garlic
- 45 grams Butter Try this
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare the asparagus by chopping off the bottom woody part of the asparagus which you don't want to eat. Heat 1 tbsp of butter in your pan and add in the garlic. Once the butter has melted and the garlic is tarting to brown add in the asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Add in about 50ml of water and cover and cook with the lid on for about 4-5 minutes.
- After 4-5 minutes the water will evaporate and you want to cook the asparagus till it's perfectly tender and has some colour on it. Once you have achieved that remove the asparagus and set it aside.
- In the same pan add a tbsp of butter and while it melts season your salmon filet with salt and pepper and then place in the frying pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes each side till it's perfectly cooked all the way through or to your liking. Remove and set the fish aside.
- Then add 1 tbsp of butter to the pan along with the red onion and fry. Add in the lemon zest, lemon juice, capers and 2 tbsp of water. Mix well and let it cook for a minute. Then add in the heavy cream and if it's too thick add some more water.
- Taste and season as required and finish the sauce with some fresh parsley. Serve the fish over a bed of asparagus and pour the sauce right over it.