The Salad week Swansong
And so salad week comes to a close and I had choice to make if I wanted to make a vegetarian salad or not. I opted to make this delicious pesto chicken salad because let’s face it, vegetarians can just skip the chicken or use paneer in it’s place. I think my Keto basil pesto is a fairly underutilized condiment given how much flavour it packs and also how much good fat it has. So I thought it was the perfect base for a salad and also I couldn’t have pesto and not make this a play on a caprese which is my favourite salad by far. I hope you will enjoy this salad as much as I did.
A quick recap!
I really hope all of you enjoyed salad week on Headbanger’s Kitchen. We kicked off with my basic Greek style Keto Chicken Salad, then moved on to a Keto Seafood salad and then finally an Asian Style Keto Beef Salad. Here we are ending it with this delicious Pesto chicken salad. Let me know which salad was your favourite from the 4 and what should be my next ‘week’.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 409
- Net Carbs: 2g
- Carbs: 3g
- Fat: 32g
- Protein: 28g
- Fiber: 1g
This recipe makes 2 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Pesto Chicken Salad
For the salad
- Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning, salt and olive oil and leave to marinated for 20 minutes
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan and set aside once they have a nice brown colour
- Fry the chicken in the pan using the bacon fat and set aside.
- Make the dressing by mixing the pesto, mayo and the resting juices from the chicken
- Assemble the salad with all the ingredients and pour the dressing over.