Keto Seafood Salad
A salad a day keeps the doctor away
It’s salad time once again on Headbanger’s Kitchen. Last time I made my basic Keto chicken salad and so today we’re switching it up and using seafood, prawns to be specific. I had half a vision of prawn cocktail when I thought of this salad and the other half was tarter sauce. It’s the reason I picked the combination of mayo, onion and gherkins. I switched up the parsley for dill because I enjoyed it so much when I used it for my salmon cucumber roll, it is a beautiful pairing with seafood. The idea for adding the boiled egg came from my Tuna salad recipe. I’m literally taking inspiration from myself, or maybe even ripping myself off a bit. Anyway I have a feeling you will really enjoy this salad. Bon Appetite.
Bring out the flavours
In the video I used a rather wide pan to cook the prawns but the idea is to cook it in more of a sauce pan and let the prawns and garlic almost slow poach in that butter. The herbs I used are just a basic store bought bottle titled ‘mixed herbs’ so you can use any kind of flavours you like, the idea is that they infuse into that butter along with the seafood flavours and finally you end up with a lovely flavoured butter that becomes one with the mayo. You can also add anything you like to flavour the dressing as well. You can also use any seafood you like for this, dare I say you can even use chicken.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 574
- Net Carbs: 7g
- Carbs: 9g
- Fat: 42g
- Protein: 38g
- Fiber: 2g
This recipe makes 1 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Keto Seafood Salad
- 150 grams Prawns
- 100 grams Mixed Lettuce
- 30 grams Black Olives I recommend this one
- 30 grams Gherkins I recommend this
- 30 grams Salted Butter Try this one
- 15 grams HK's Homemade Mayo Get the recipe here
- 8 grams Sriracha Sauce I use this one
- 25 grams Red onion
- 10 grams Dried Herbs Seasoning of Choice Try this one
- 1 Boiled Egg
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- fresh dill
- a few drops of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the red onion and mix with the lemon juice and set aside
- Chop the olives and gherkins and set aside. Boil the egg for 6 minutes and peel and set aside
- Melt the butter, garlic and seasoning together in a saucepan on the lowest heat and allow it to all infuse
- Once the butter starts bubbling add in the prawns and allow them to cook slowly
- Once cooked remove with a slotted spoon and set the prawns and garlic aside
- Grate the garlic from the prawns into a bowl
- Add in the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce and the butter that was used to cook the prawns and mix well
- Finish with some fresh dill
- Then assemble the salad in a bowl adding the lettuce, prawns, onion, olives, gherkins and egg.
- Pour the dressing, give it all a good mix and serve.
This looks incredible and that dressing in particular, woo. I expect this will be a winner in my household.
Thank you so much for those mouth-watering Keto recipes. I would like to ask you a favor if you could make a video on Indian recipes for a 1200 Calorie meal plan. I am a bit confused about adjusting the macros in those Indian recipes that you made for a 1500 calorie meal plan. Appreciate if you could help me.
Hi Aysha, you just need to reduce the portion size in that same plan. You only need to reduce 300 calories so just adjust the portion of one of the meals and it will be fine.