Keto Pork Chops in Mustard Cream Sauce
Keto Pork Chops
Totally unplanned episode. My dad went to the butcher to get some mutton kebabs for me and called me from there to tell me the pork chops looked great. So I said get some. He did. I said let me make a few for lunch and why not film it. So I did and they turned out great. Pork is one of the best things to eat on Keto since most of it has a high fat content. You can use ground pork to make my famous bacon bomb recipe. Pork shoulder is great to make BBQ pulled pork with or a lovely Keto Vindaloo with. Either way, enough porking around. Enjoy the recipe.
Chicken, Fish and even Steak
This recipe is pretty flexible. The basic idea is to sear your seasoned meat in the pan, add some herb or regular butter and baste the meat with that. Then just deglaze the pan and add in everything else to create the sauce. It’s more technique here than recipe. The recipe is just a guide for you to create the most incredible seared meats with a rich creamy Keto sauce to go along with it. You can replace mustard with HK’s Keto Pesto (In fact try my Pesto chicken) or you could even use some hot sauce to spice it up. Go ahead, experiment and have fun cooking.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 423
- Net Carbs: 1g
- Carbs: 2g
- Fat: 30g
- Protein: 33g
- Fiber: 1g
This recipe makes 4 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Pork Chops in Mustard Cream Sauce
- 500 grams Pork Chops
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper I recommend this one
- 1 tbsp olive oil I use this
- 1 tbsp Garlic & Herb Butter Learn to make it at home
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Spring Onion Only greens
- 100 ml Heavy Cream/Double Cream
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Mustard I use this one
- 35 grams Cheese of choice or use more or less, your call
- Score the outer side of the fat on each chop. Season generously with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and when smoking hot add in the pork chops and cook on 1 side for 2 minutes.
- Then cook on the fat side for 2 minutes
- Flip on the other side and add 1 Tbsp of the garlic and herb butter else use fresh garlic and herbs
- Baste the pork in the melted butter and once cooked remove and set aside.
- Drain excess oil from the pan and sautee the bell pepper
- Deglaze with water
- Add the mustard and stir well, also add the resting juices from the chops.
- Add some cream and mix well, also add in the cheese and let it melt.
- Sprinkle on the spring onion greens to finish.
- Serve the pork chop doused in sauce.
This was amazing!!
I actually used a beer mustard sauce (1 tbs = 2 carbs), I only needed the 1 tbs, and it gave it an almost bacon-mustard taste.
I will say that my sauce was a bit ‘watery’ than yours, perhaps I added too much water/cream? Any thoughts to make it thicker?
All you need to do to make it thicker is reduce it further, so cook it a bit longer and it gets thicker. Alternatively I do believe you can use Xanthan gum to thicken sauces but I’ve not tried that yet.
Honestly, the best pork chops I have had – low carb or not. No adjustments were necessary, this is a delicious recipe.
Made these last night and OMG they are delicious. To add more veggies I did a mixture of bell peppers, onion and about 3 cups cabbage. Added in 1T vinegar as well. Did not change anything else. The mustard cream sauce is divine and the veggies soak it up YUM.! The cabbage was really good cooked in it. I will definitely be making this again. You can really add in what ver fresh veggies you have on hand. Anything would be delicious cooked in the sauce!