Keto Cabbage Stir Fry
Patta Gohbi Ki Sabzi – Indian style Cabbage Stir Fry
Most Indian meals include a variety of dishes. There is meat, roti, sabzi, lentils, rice, yogurt etc etc. Sabzi literally means vegetable and Patta Gobhi is cabbage. So today we’re making a simple Keto cabbage stir fry called ‘Patta Gohbhi Ki Sabzi’. This is something that’s cooked regularly at home and something my mother always has with her dal chawal (lentils and rice). This is a great side dish to have along with your Keto chicken curry and naan or if you are having maybe your Keto egg curry and cauliflower rice.
Most people think Indian food is complex, takes a lot of time, has a lot of spices and basically takes a lot of effort. However, that’s not the whole truth. There are many Indian dishes that are easy to whip up, don’t take much time and aren’t loaded with lots of ingredients. This is one such dish. So let’s get cooking.
Cooking with cabbage
I realized that I don’t cook or use cabbage much. I recently made a bacon & cabbage slaw and I used some in my Keto tuna salad recipe. Other than that I haven’t used it much and it’s a pretty great vegetable when used right. It’s also got great nutrition stats, a 100g of cabbage has about 3.5g net carbs which is great. A lot of people are super paranoid about their carb counts but I’m with Dr.Eric Berg on the idea that its okay to be flexible with carbs that come from vegetables. While I’m not saying eat unlimited quantities, don’t stress if your net carbs are more between 30-40g in a day as compared to 20-30g if they are coming from veggies.
Anyway, do you have any cabbage recipes? Do you like cabbage? Your favourite cabbage dish? Share with me in the comments below. Cheers! m/
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 111
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Carbs: 5g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 1g
- Fiber: 2g
This recipe makes 3 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Keto Cabbage Stir Fry
- 250 grams Cabbage
- 2 Tbsp Ghee You can also use any other cooking fat you like Try this one
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds Buy Online
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds Buy Online
- 1/4 Tsp Tumeric Try this one
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 8-9 Curry Leaves Buy Online
- a pinch of hing/asafoetida Buy Online
- Chop the cabbage up into fine shreds.
- Heat the ghee in your kadai or saucepan on the stove.
- Add in the cumin and mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds start to pop you add in the curry leaves and pinch of hing.
- Once the curry leaves have crisped up add in the cabbage and give it all a good mix.
- Season with the tumeric and salt and cover with a lid and cook for 7-8 minute or till the cabbage is cooked to your liking. Some people like their cabbage soft and some want it to still have a bit of bite.
- Finish with fresh coriander, give it another good mix and serve.
Looks yum! I love just simple sliced cabbage cooked in a frypan with butter as a side dish in winter, salt and pepper to taste
thin-sliced red cabbage, shredded ginger, a little salt, a tablespoon or do of vinegar. A lovely slaw!
Tuna casserole with thin sliced cabbage instead of egg noodles- so good!
Looks amazing! I’ve made cabbage gratin as well- cabbage sauteed, then baked with cream and cheese on top!
Just made this with pork chops. It was simple to make and very good. Cabbage seems to be abundant in our grocery store during COVID-19 so I picked up a few knowing they will last for a long time and you can make tons of recipes with them!
I make a LOT f your recipes. Every single one of them are….amazing….thanks for all that you do! Oh, Inalso have your cookbook! So good!
Thank you so much!
Eating it right now Just added a lttle black pepper to release power of turmeric. a fabulous dish. thank you