What’s a chicken Alfredo?
Chicken Alfredo is basically a spin off from Fettuccine Alfredo. This is basically pasta tossed with butter and cheese which forms a creamy sauce. I think somewhere down the line Alfredo just because ‘white sauce’ pasta. And of course then came the variants and noodling around with the basic idea and somewhere chicken Alfredo is born. Even if this is not the real deal that’s okay. It’s a delicious dish and something that was easy to whip up and whip down to just 5 ingredients.
So cook this up on any day of the week in less than 15 minutes and you’ve got a meal set for you!
But I don’t like mushrooms!
Well that’s okay because while this is quite bold with the mushroom flavour you can skip it. I think even with just the garlic and cream and butter it will be delicious. You can also add cheese in the mix to really amp things up. What is also great is that you can just make a side of broccoli or asparagus with it for a complete meal. Just pour this Alfredo sauce over your vegetables.
Now if you like Italian food I would urge you to try some of my other Keto Italian recipes. I’ve got a killer Keto eggplant involtini recipe if you enjoy vegetarian fare and also a delicious chicken parmesan.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 450
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Carbs: 3g
- Fat: 26g
- Protein: 48g
- Fiber: 0g
This recipe makes 3 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
5 Ingredient Chicken Alfredo
- 450 grams Chicken breasts This should be about 3 full breasts
- 100 grams Mushrooms
- 10 grams garlic
- 100 ml Heavy Cream
- 5 grams Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Slice the mushrooms and finely chop the parsley.
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan and once the oil is nice and hot add the chicken in the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes of each side till it's got a nice sear and cooked all the way through.
- In the same pan add the butter and sautee the garlic till golden brown. Then add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and give it a good mix. Add about a tablespoon or two of water to help deglaze the pan.
- Cook for about 3-4 mintues till the mushrooms release their water and the liquid in the pan starts to reduce. Add in the heavy cream and mix well.
- Place the chicken back in the pan and garnish with fresh parsley. Turn off the heat and mix the chicken well with the sauce.
- Serve yourself some chicken and sauce.