Simplify your Keto meal plan
Horns up and Happy new year! This is 3 ingredient Keto meal plan. It’s part of my larger Keto for beginners series of videos. I started this series because of the 2020 pandemic but quickly realized that for a lot of people these plans took the difficulty out of cooking and meal prep. Meal prep helps you stay on track with your diet and that’s why I recommend it.
I must also mention this 3 ingredient special doesn’t include basic pantry items of salt, pepper and oil for frying. But it’s about keeping it simple and clean. If you are just starting out also check out my Keto for beginners playlist with episodes 1-5 which will help you get started.
It’s important to remember that I’m NOT a doctor, nutritionist or dietitian. I’m just a musician/Youtuber who has done Keto so please do not take any of this as medical advise. If you have pre-existing conditions please consult your doctor or a qualified professional before doing anything. This is simply a resource for people who need it. So please treat this as a disclaimer before proceeding. Enjoy the video below and then carry on reading.
Get back to the basics
Eat only when hungry
Tracking macros is essential when it comes to any diet for weight loss. However there is plenty of flexibility to manage weight loss on Keto without doing this in the start. There are many reasons for this which I won’t get into but. However it’s important to still exercise restraint and portion control. So make sure you don’t just eat for the sake of eating. Eat only when you feel hungry. You don’t even need to finish an entire portion of food if you can’t. In the event you’ve eating say a serving of something and still feel a wee bit hungry that’s fine, give it 10 minutes or so. The reason being it takes you stomach about that much time to let the brain know it’s full and being a tad hungry is never a bad thing. Of course don’t starve yourself but you have to learn intuitive eating.
Track your progress
Hopefully you haven’t just weighed yourself at the start of your journey but you also took measurements. I did forget to mention to also take photographs. The scale is just one way of measuring progress and often can be deceptive. On Keto you might not lose weight but you might lose inches. This is why measure yourself, take pictures and compare them week after week. Don’t get into a habit of checking daily. Just do it every Monday morning, same time, in your birthday suit and be done with it. Also watch my video called ‘The Goal Weight Delusion‘
It doesn’t matter what exercise you do but just do something. As the song goes, 1-2-3-4 get your body on the floor. This is important for many reasons. Even though you can lose weight without exercising and I did that myself in the start it’s not the best practice. Exercise has many health benefits and it’s also vital to help keep your BMR up. You can choose from a variety of options for physical activity based on how fit you are currently. Whether it’s going to the gym, running, cycling, dancing, drumming or even just walking, it’s all good. Do something!
The Menu & Food substitutions
Here is the full meal plan. I’ve given some information about each meal along with the substitutes for certain food items. If you can’t find one to your liking then leave me a comment below.
Breakfast – A ham and cheese egg muffin or egg cup. This is a pretty simple, standard breakfast that takes less than 10 minutes to make in the microwave. If you use the oven it takes a bit longer. However you can always use your muffin tray and bake a large batch of this for a couple of days in a row. This is pretty basic, ham, cheese and egg. I guess you can’t substitute the egg but the ham and cheese are replaceable. Basically any meat of choice will do and the cheese is optional. You can also add veggies, herbs and spices of your choice.
Lunch – Bacon and mushroom fried rice. Once again it’s a pretty flexible dish. No bacon? Cool swap it out for some ham. Don’t eat pork? Chicken sausage, ground chicken, sliced beef, fish, prawns I mean just any kind of protein will do. Vegan? Use tofu and mushrooms instead. Don’t like mushrooms, pick another vegetable. This is super easy and you can make big batch of this and keep in containers for meal prep. Also feel free to use some soya sauce or coconut aminos and add spices and herbs as you like.
Snack – Broccoli soup. You can use any vegetable to make this soup. In fact if you don’t like broccoli just visit my Keto soups section on the website and pick any soup you like and drink a nice mug of it. About 200ml. You can alternatively skip the soup completely and have a Keto coffee instead.
Dinner – It’s an easy chicken parm. Substitutions are simple. Chicken for fish, paneer, tofu, pork, beef etc. Tomato sauce for pesto. Cheese for vegan cheese or perhaps nothing at all.
Just edit the quantities based on your appetite. If you have left over food you can always freeze it for up to a full month. So this is more just a list, quantities will vary based on how much you eat. Also double check if you have any of these things left over from last weeks meal prep before buying fresh stuff.
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Chicken Breasts
- Marinara Sauce
- Olive Oil/Avocado Oil (any Keto cooking fat)
- Salt & Pepper
That should cover everything. Adjust the quantities based on how much you are going to eat. For example if you eat 2 eggs a day then that’s 14 eggs you need in total. If you eat say 1 chicken breast a day then get 7 chicken breasts. You get the idea. And just a reminder for my Indian viewers to check my Shopping guide for Indians for suggested brands.
Eat for the week
Try and eat the same food everyday and it will help you stay on course or at least 3-4 days in a row. After which you can rotate with another one of my meal plans.
Keto For Beginners – 3 Ingredient Keto Meal Plan #3
Breakfast - Ham & Cheese Egg Cup
- 2 Eggs
- 30 grams Ham
- 30 grams Cheese
Lunch - Bacon & Mushroom Fried Rice
- 300 grams Cauliflower (Riced)
- 200 grams Smoked Bacon Cubes
- 200 grams White Mushrooms
Snack - Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 250 grams broccoli
- 50 grams Cheddar
- 50 grams Heavy Cream
Dinner - Chicken Parmesan
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 100 grams Marinara Sauce Get my recipe
- 50 grams Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Grease a ramekin with butter. Preheat your oven to 200C if not using a microwave. Beat 2 eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper and then add the chopped ham and grated cheese and mix well. Pour into ramekin and microwave for 90 seconds or cook in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes till the cheese has browned and the eggs cooked. Recipe makes 1 serving.
- Rice the cauliflower and microwave for 5minutes to cook it. Make sure to season with salt. Heat a wok on the stove and add in the bacon while the pan is cold. Allow fat to render and the bacon to crisp up. If there is too much oil in the wok then remove it and save for later use. Add in the mushrooms (you can slice or quater them) and season them. Now cook till they release their water and that water dries up. If needed add some of the bacon fat back in before adding the riced cauliflower and sauteeing for 2-3 minutes till it's all cooked well. This recipe makes 2-3 servings depending on your appetite.
- Get a pot of salted water on the stove and boil the broccoli till tender. Add the broccoli to your food processor and save about 2 cups of the water you boiled the broccoli in. Blend the broccoli and slowly add the water till it's blended and to a consistency you desire. Add it back to your pot on a low heat and add in the cheese and cream. Mix till all the cheese is melted and the cream and cheese have combined well with the soup. Serve in a mug with a little cheese on top and fresh pepper. This recipe makes 3-4 servings.
- Season your chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Get a pan on a medium heat and add about 1 tbsp olive oil. Once the oil has heated up add the chicken and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side till done. Remove and let them rest. In an oven proof fish add half the marinara sauce and then place the chicken breasts on top of that. Pour in any resting juices from the chicken. Top the chicken with the remainder of the sauce and then the cheese. Put in the oven with the broiler setting to melt and brown the cheese. Once done remove and serve. This recipe makes 2 servings.