Make your own at home, it’s cost effective
Almond flour or almond meal is an essential pantry staple on the ketogenic diet – it goes into everything from keto bread to low-carb pancakes – but it can also be expensive to buy. Here’s a way to make it easily and cheaply at home. You can use blanched or unbalanced almonds for this.
Make a wide variety of recipes with almond flour
There are so many recipes that call for almond flour on a keto diet. It’s especially great when you want to treat yourself to dishes that you miss from your regular carb eating. If you crave a pizza, there is our fathead pizza recipe, if you miss your sandwiches you can make our Keto bread or if you miss desserts then try the almond flour chocolate mug cake. The almond flour has even been use to make our Keto dosa. So it’s always good to make a big batch of almond flour and stock up.
It’s essential that the almonds are dry when you grind them up. You can make them with the skin on as well if you like. Almond butter can also be made if you keep blitzing them for too long.
Keto Essentials - Almond Flour
- 100 grams Almonds Order online
- Blanch the almonds in boiling water for 30-45 seconds or pour boiling water over them and let sit for a minute or two.
- Strain the water and peel the almonds
- Pat dry with a paper towel and leave to air dry for a few hours or overnight
- Use the grinder attachment or food processor and pulse till a fine powder is formed. Run through a seive for an even finer consistency
- Use it.