Yogurt & Cauliflower Rice with Indian Spices
I’m continuing my Indian food week here on Headbanger’s Kitchen. My last recipe was a crispy fried okra and today I’m making a dish that will sit perfectly beside that okra. I’m making a Keto Dahi Rice. This is comfort food for a lot of Indian people, it’s also great ‘sick food’ when you just need something light and easy going. You may have figured out by now that Indian people love their yogurt, we marinate our meats in it, we make a raita out of it that’s served with biryani (or my Keto biryani). I’ve been thinking about trying this recipe with cauliflower rice ever since I started Keto. I’m happy to report, that this is a winner. So go ahead and try it.
What can I eat this with?
There are a couple of dishes that go really well with this. Traditionally people eat this with some kind of pickle. I personally love to eat this with some kind of dry meat dish. A delicious Kerala beef fry would be yummy, you could also pair this with my chicken tikka (purists will want my head for this suggestion) or you can even add bacon to it like I did. Just watch my Bacon Dahi Rice video (it’s part of my old bacon tadka series).
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 218
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Carbs: 8g
- Fat: 17g
- Protein: 6g
- Fiber: 5g
This recipe makes 2 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Keto Dahi Rice
- Season with salt and microwave the riced cauliflower for 10 minutes till nice and soft. Alternatively cook on a dry pan on a low heat till tender.
- Mix the yogurt and the cauliflower rice together.
- In a small pan heat up the ghee and add in the mustard seeds and chillies, once the mustard seeds start popping add in the ginger, the curry leaves and the hing.
- Once the curry leaves are crispy, pour the tempered spices over the cauliflower rice and yogurt mixture.
- Mix well, garnish with fresh coriander and serve.