Vegetarian BBQ can be deeeelicious too
Call it Cauliflower Cheese or Keto Mac and Cheese, we’re calling it BBQ Cauliflower cheese because we’ve used our Keto BBQ Sauce and given you a delicious vegetarian option. This is a quick and easy recipe and a bake that works great as a main dish or a side. I hope you will try it and enjoy!!! Cheers!
Make it a veggie lovers delight
I guess this recipe has lots of potential and the possibilities are endless. For a lot of people cauliflower can become an overbearing ingredient, especially if you are vegetarian. I mean right from your breakfast dish like Keto Upma to your Cauliflower Pizza to your Cauliflower Mac and Cheese, it can be a bit much. If you are feeling that way then you can switch up the cauliflower here for broccoli, eggplant, zucchini or any other veggies you fancy. You can even mix up all the veggies and have a BBQ veggie bake. So go ahead, experiment and let me know how it turns out.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 331
- Net Carbs: 8g
- Carbs: 12g
- Fat: 26g
- Protein: 13g
- Fiber: 4g
This recipe makes 5 serving. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Keto BBQ Cauliflower Cheese
- 500 grams Cauliflower
- 7 tbsp Keto BBQ Sauce Get the recipe here
- 4 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 100 grams Colby Cheese
- 100 grams Mozzarella Cheese
- 60 grams Heavy Cream (4 Tbsp)
- 100 grams Red Bell Peppers
- 100 grams Yellow Bell Peppers
- 50 grams Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper I recommend this one
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika I recommend this one
- Boil the cauliflower in a pot of salted water for 10 minutes
- For the sauce heat the BBQ sauce in a pan and add the cream cheese and some water till all well combined
- Once combined add in 1/2 the cheese, cream and stir well and turn off the heat. If you wish to have a thicker sauce then cook down till it reduces to the consistency you prefer.
- Chop the cauliflower and mix in a bowl with the chopped red and yellow peppers, salt, pepper and paprika
- Pour over the sauce and mix well
- Fill your casserole dish with the mixture, top with nuts and the remaining cheese
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 200C till perfectly cooked.