Finally made the Tandoori masala from scratch
After cooking up my Keto prawn risotto, I was left with a good amount of prawns (thank you Cambay Tiger). I decided to make these Keto tandoori prawns, which are a great appetizer or snack. When I made my Tandoori chicken wings and my Tandoori roast chicken I used a ready made Tandoori masala, so today I decided to make it from scratch. This recipe is super simple and easy and it really hits the spot. Serve with green chutney or just dip it in some butter and eat it. Yum!
We’re cooking with FIRE!
When it comes to cooking Tandoori anything, I like to marinate the meat overnight. I feel it always provides for a richer and deeper flavour. Since most of us don’t own a tandoor at home and honestly most ovens don’t work quite the same way, I think charring the meat on the stove directly is the best option. I used a nifty manual grill (that’s what it’s called) which is something I find only in India but you can just use a stove top safe wire rack to get the job done. Anyway, happy cooking. Oh and if you are looking for the recipe for the chutney you can find it on the Tandoori chicken wings recipe.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 253
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Carbs: 3g
- Fat: 14g
- Protein: 26g
- Fiber: 0g
This recipe makes 2 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Keto Tandoori Prawns
- 250 grams Prawns
- 100 grams Full Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Ghee I recommend this one
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste I recommend this
- 1/4 Tsp Tumeric Try this one
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder I use this one
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala Powder Try this one
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder Try this one
- Salt to Taste
- Juice of 1/2 a Lime
- Mix the yogurt, spices, lime juice and salt in a bowl.
- Add the prawns on marinate overnight
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan on the stove and cook the prawns. Make sure you don't over cook them and cook them on the highest heat possible
- After cooking using a manual grill, flame grill them on the stove top. This will take a few seconds each side, just to give them a char. You can alternatively cook the prawns on a charcoal BBQ instead of the frying pan.
- Brush with melted butter or ghee and serve.