It’s a cauliflower rice risotto
Once again the very nice people at Cambay Tiger sent over some seafood, this time it was prawns. I watch a video of one of my favourite chef, Marco Pierre White where he cooked up a prawns risotto. I found inspiration and decided to make my own Keto prawn risotto. As always we use cauliflower rice, some prawns, some mascarpone cheese and create this wonderful dish. Enjoy!
The balancing act
This dish is all about getting the balance right between the cooking liquid and the rice. Unlike actual rice the cauliflower is going to absorb much less moisture and liquid. The whole idea is to cook the rice in stock. Ideally I would recommend fish stock but since I didn’t have any on hand I used mushroom stock. My suggestion is to add the stock slowly and keep cooking it out into the cauliflower rice till it’s tender, otherwise you’ll get a more soupy risotto at the end. Also keep in mind that the prawns themselves will release moisture when cooked. You can also add spinach to this and you can even do this with chicken. If you want to drop the amount of protein and raise the fat, reduce the amount of prawns and add 1 tablespoon of butter right at the end.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 470
- Net Carbs: 8g
- Carbs: 13g
- Fat: 36g
- Protein: 31g
- Fiber: 5g
This recipe makes 2 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Keto Prawn Risotto
- 250 grams Prawns
- 300 grams Cauliflower Rice
- 100 grams Oyster Mushrooms
- 100 grams Mascarpone cheese
- 250 ml Fish Stock Try this one
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Basil
- 1 Tsp Fresh or Dried Oregano I recommend this one
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil I use this one
- 1 Tbsp Butter I recommend this one
- Fry the mushrooms in olive oil till they get nice and caramelized. Once done, set aside.
- In the same pan heat the olive oil and butter
- Add in the cauliflower rice, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly
- Add in the stock and continue to cook for 2 minutes
- Season with the oregano, chilly flakes and add in the prawns and cook.
- Finish with fresh basil and mascarpone cheese.