Easy Thai Chicken Curry
Another Thai chicken curry? Yes, I don’t know why but I just can’t seem to stop making Thai curry videos. This is like my 3rd or 4th one. I almost always seem to have curry paste lying around the house. It’s my go to meal for meal prep. I guess I just like filming it each time I cook it. So when I was doing this chicken breast series of recipes it just happened. I did a Korean curry, an Indian curry and I had to do complete it with a Thai curry.
So here is the video. Please enjoy!
Make the curry paste from scratch
I know some folks like to go that extra mile while cooking. And some folks have no option because for whatever reason they either don’t trust or can’t order or can’t find the curry paste. If you fall into either of those categories then by all means make your own. I’ve done it too. Except I did the red curry paste. So try my recipe for Thai red curry paste.
If you are going to go with store bought there are many brands like Blue Elephant and Real Thai among others. All of them are pretty good and get the job done.
Nutrition Info (per serving)
- Calories: 570
- Protein: 37g
- Fat: 40g
- Carbs: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Net Carbs: 11g
This recipe makes 1 serving. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.com. As with most recipes like this you can add or subtract vegetables to lower carbs. However I always suggest that you shouldn’t worry about the carbs from vegetables. They bring in a lot of micro nutrients to your diet and are generally good for health. You can also swap out the coconut milk for coconut cream for a more Keto friendly curry as coconut cream will have more fat content in it.
Thai Chicken Curry
- 150 grams Chicken Breast
- 10 grams Thai Curry Paste
- 100 ml Coconut Milk
- 50 grams Broccoli florets
- 50 grams White Mushrooms
- 50 grams Babycorn
- 25 grams Yellow Bell Pepper
- 25 grams Red Bell Pepper
- 10 grams Thai Basil
- 2 Tsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp Fish Sauce
- Stevia to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Water as needed
- Butterfly the raw chicken breast and season with salt and pepper. Chop all the vegetables as well into small pieces.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in the pan and when hot place the breast skin side down and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Cooking time is the same for skinless chicken. Once it's cooked remove it and set it aside to rest.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil and add in the curry paste and sautee for 1minute before adding in the broccoli, babycorn and mushrooms.
- Season with salt and satuee for a minute before deglazing the pan with water. Scrape all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan and then cover and cook for 2-3 minutes till the vegetables are tender.
- Then open the lid and add in the bell peppers, a couple of splashes of fish sauce, the stevia and the coconut milk.
- Given everything a cook mix before chopping the chicken into cubes and returning to the pan.
- Finish with fresh basil and serve with rice or cauliflower rice.