You don’t have to be Popeye to eat spinach
You got to eat those veggies on keto and I love spinach and I love spinach soup. So here is my recipe for creamy spinach soup. I find this is perfect evening snack or even something to have along with your dinner. It just occurred to me that it’s also pretty thick and rich and could easily be a spinach sauce over a piece of grilled chicken, but I digress. Enjoy the video.
Pack in those flavours
Now for folks that want to lower the carb count in this recipe the first thing you eliminate is the onion and garlic. For me those are essential components and add a lot of flavour to the soup. However you can eliminate them and use dried herbs and spices to create more flavour in your soup with a lower carb count. This technique used in the video can be applied to any of your favourite vegetables to make them soup worthy. Of course if you like soups, I’ve got a bunch of recipes that you will love. If you are vegetarian try my Keto cream of mushroom soup and if you like meat try my Keto cream of chicken soup.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 216
- Net Carbs: 7g
- Carbs: 9g
- Fat: 19g
- Protein: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
This recipe makes 2 serving. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Keto Spinach Soup
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and sautee the onion till translucent
- Add in the garlic and cook till it starts to brown
- Add the spinach, stock cube and half the water
- Cover and cook till the spinach wilts
- Blend in a blender
- Run through a fine sieve and add water depending on how thick you like the soup
- Bring to temperature, turn off the heat and add the cream.
- Serve with fresh pepper and toasted nuts on top.