Jazz up that Keto Breakfast
We’re cooking a Keto spinach and feta omelet. For me eggs are a staple, a favourite and I can have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Though if I am being honest it’s more often breakfast and while I do love my scrambled eggs, masala omelet and fried eggs, I do like to jazz up my breakfast every so often. And today I’m going to be using the classic combination of spinach and feta. Of course I’m going to take it to the next level with some bacon. Because everything is better with bacon.
Anyway you can always skip the bacon but I do hope you give this recipe a try. You can also double or triple it and turn it into a frittata or even egg muffin cups. Great for Keto meal prep.
The bacon is optional
Like I mentioned in the video, if you skip the bacon just start with some avocado oil, butter, ghee or lard in the pan and cook the eggs. You can use almost any cheese that you like in place of feta, they are all fine. If you don’t like spinach you can use mushrooms, bell peppers or any vegetable really. The idea is to get a good balance of things. You can also use turkey bacon though that won’t have any fat so you’ll need something to fry it in. You could also use some ground meat as well in the omelet.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 260
- Net Carbs: 4g
- Carbs: 6g
- Fat: 19g
- Protein: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
This recipe makes 2 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal. Please note, these macros EXCLUDE the bacon. You can add the bacon macros as a separate entry based on what bacon you use and how much of it you use. This also doesn’t include the 1 tbsp avocado oil if you skip the bacon you can add that too. Now I also made this 2 servings because honestly at 520 calories without the bacon I just felt it was too many calories for a single meal. So please eat and adjust according to your own macros and size.
Keto Spinach and Feta Omelet
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Rashers bacon Optional
- 50 grams Feta Cheese
- 100 grams Baby Spinach
- 20 grams Heavy Cream/Double Cream
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 15 grams Butter
- 1/4 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil If not using bacon
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and season with the salt, pepper, dried oregano and add the heavy whipping cream and whisk well.
- Then fry the bacon in a cold pan and once cooked to your liking remove and set aside. Then chop the bacon. If you skipping the bacon just heat your avocado oil in the frying pan.
- In the residual bacon fat in the pan add the spinach and cook till it wilts down. Also season with a pinch of salt. Once wilted add in the butter and mix well.
- Then pour in the eggs and mix so that the egg hits all parts of the pan and then turn the heat down to low and crumble in the feta cheese and top with the chopped bacon.
- Cover with a lid and cook for about 4 minutes on a low heat till the egg is cooked all the way through. You can also fold the omelet if you like or even put the pan under the grill.
- Once the egg is cooked, sprinkle the chilli flakes on top and enjoy. This 3 egg recipe is 1 serving.