A classic British Dessert
Since I announced that I was done with OMAD, I have been hard at work on new recipes. I know that nothing excites people as much as Keto Dessert recipes do, so I started brainstorming. My wife Deepti made a trial Keto meringue recipe, there was heavy cream and strawberries in the fridge and berries in the freezer. So I set out to make a dessert and even posted a picture on my Instagram stories. I whipped the cream and added in some of the strawberries, layered that with the meringue and made a berry puree like I did for the berry swirl cheesecakse. Little did I know that I had just created Eton Mess. Today’s recipe is my Keto Eton Mess. Enjoy
Berry Berry Nice
In my video I decided to skip the berry puree and garnish with half a strawberry and keep it more classic. I also accidentally set the oven at 175C instead of 120C which resulted in my meringue browning quite a bit, so if yours doesn’t get any colour after 30 minutes at 120C just give it 2-3 minutes at 175C to get some colour. I also recommend getting yourself a Silpat for baking the meringue on and in general for hassle free baking, if you can’t then parchment paper will suffice. Anyway I hope you enjoy the recipe. If you aren’t into creamy fruity desserts you can always try my Keto Coffee and Chocolate tart.
Nutrition Info (per serving)
- Calories: 146
- Net Carbs: 2g
- Carbs: 3g
- Fat: 14g
- Protein: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
This recipe makes 4 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Keto Eton Mess
- Start by dicing up the strawberries into small pieces. If you prefer large pieces, make them large
- Then whip the egg whites till frothy and add in the cream of tartar
- Once the eggs are nearing soft peaks add in half the vanilla extract and all the Erythritol and whip to soft peaks
- Then transfer the egg whites onto a silpat or use parchment paper and bake at 120 C for 30-35 minutes till cooked through.
- Allow the meringue to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the parchment paper
- In a bowl add the heavy cream, stevia and the remaining vanilla extract and whip to soft peaks and let it chill in the fridge
- After chilling fold the strawberries into the cream and then break the meringue and add it to the cream as well.
- Transfer to individual serving bowls and garnish with half a strawberry.