Japanese Chicken Wrap
Easy Japanese Chicken Wrap
It was sushi that inspired this Japanese chicken wrap. It’s no secret that I love wraps. I recently did a recipe for a Tandoori chicken wrap and wraps are one of my go to dinners these days. But this particular wrap was inspired by sushi. I’m also a fan of sushi and after one of my sushi meals I was left with some wasabi, soya sauce and pickled ginger. I used the soya sauce to marinate my chicken, I mixed the wasabi with mayo to create a wasabi mayo and the pickled ginger was thrown into my wrap for acidity. It was a match made in heaven.
These flavours all go so well together and I hope you will try making this.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
So for this recipe you just got to input the items individually because everyone’s going to use different things for the wrap so I am sure you can manage it. For the wraps scan the barcode based on what brand and size you use.
Of course if you are Keto or want to make this Keto use a Keto wrap. You can additionally add cheese if you are on Keto. Just keep an eye on the calories though.
Japanese Chicken Wrap
For the chicken
- 450 grams Chicken Leg Meat Boneless
- 1 Tbsp Japanese Soya Sauce
- 1 Tsp Dark Soya Sauce
- 1 Tsp Cooking Sake
- 1/2 Tsp White Pepper
For the pickled cucumber
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
For the wasabi Mayo
- 60 grams Mayo Use low fat or regular based on your preferences
- 15 grams Wasabi Paste
- a drizzle of toasted sesame oil
For the slaw
- 100 grams Purple Cabbage
- 2 Tbsp Wasabi Mayo
For the wrap
- 1 serving The chicken
- 1 serving Purple cabbage slaw in wasabi mayo
- 1 serving Pickled cucumber
- a few pieces of pickled sushi ginger
- black and white sesame seeds for garnish
- spring onion greens for garnish
- extra wasabi mayo
- 1 Choice of wrap
- To make the chicken heat a bit of oil or pan spray in a non stick pan and place the chicken in. Keep the heat on medium as we don't want the pan too hot since the marinade can burn.
- Cover the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then flip over to finish cooking. The marinade should reduce and your chicken should be covered in a sticky glaze.
- After resting the chicken slice it for your wrap.
- Slice the cucumbers using a mandolin or slice very finely with your knife and mix in a bowl with the other ingredients. Allow it to sit in the fridge to pickle for at least 30-60 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the wasabi, mayo and sesame oil to make the wasbai mayo.
- Finely slice the cabbage and mix with the mayo and keep in the fridge for 15 minutes at least.
- To assemble warm the wrap for 45-60 seconds on each side. Then add in the cabbage slaw, the chicken, the cucumber, the pickled ginger, more wasabi mayo if needed, spring onion greens and the black and white sesame seeds.