The Spaghetti Incident
This spaghetti almost never made it to the plate. Well actually the video almost never happened. The problem wasn’t the spaghetti, it was the meatballs. While I was cooking, some of the meatballs started to stick to my pan and break. That was when I was going to abandon the shoot and call it a day. However I realized the internet is filled with perfect cooking videos or utter ghastly ones. I said why not have a more real, than reel video.
That’s why I’m sharing this with you today.
What really makes this recipe ‘easy’ is the marinara sauce. I mean you can go ahead and buy the store bought ones for sure. These days you get such a huge variety that it’s pretty easy to find one that you like. You can also find low carb and Keto tomato sauces at your local supermarket. But if I may recommend you try making a big batch of my Keto marinara sauce and freeze it. If you aren’t don’t Keto just use less cooking fat and you’re good to go.
When it comes to the spaghetti as well if you are using a store bought one just follow the instructions on the pack. If you make yours fresh at home you’re already a master and you don’t need my instructions. Keto and low carb friends fret not, you can grab some shiratake noodles or similar low carb/Keto friendly noodles.
And finally you can make this with any meat you like. Chicken will work great or if you’re feeling adventurous then ground lamb.
Nutrition Info (for the meatballs)
- Calories: 131
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbs: 0
This recipe makes 10 servings. 1 serving = 1 meatball. Get the recipe on myfitnesspal.
Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
For the meatballs
- 250 grams Ground Beef
- 250 grams Ground Pork
- 1 Egg
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Basil
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
For the Spaghetti
- 200 ml Marinara Sauce
- Spaghetti of Choice About 200grams should do -50g raw weight per person
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (For Cooking)
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- We will start by making the meatballs. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Then weight the entire portion and divide by 10 to make 10 meatballs. Use your hands to shape them or an ice cream scoop. Wet your hands or the scoop to prevent the meat from sticking.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet, strain and set aside. If you are using Keto/Low carb noodles like Shiratake then those don't need to be cooked, just follow the instructions on the packet.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and then once hot add in the meatballs and fry till they have a nice golden brown crust. Don't crowd the pan, cook in 2 batches if you don't have a large pan.
- Once they have a crust then deglaze the pan with your marinara sauce. Add some water if needed and then let the meatballs cook in the sauce for a few minutes.
- Once the meatballs are cooked you can remove them from the pan, add the spaghetti in and mix well.
- Then add some fresh parsley, basil and parmesan cheese and mix well before adding the meatballs back to the pan.
- Then just serve it family style on the table. Garnish with extra parmesan, parsley and basil.