I cooked up an Instagram trend – Cloud Eggs
It looked spectacular, fancy, appetizing and these fluffy cloud eggs were all over Instagram. I have no idea where they came from, or who started the trend but it was hip, happening and all the food bloggers were posting tastefully taken photos of it. I was baited. On a whim I decided to whip these up and see if they were worth the hype. It made perfect sense because they were perfectly keto friendly.
Are they really worth the time and effort?
To be quite honest, they tasted good, but I would say it wasn’t worth all the effort separating and whipping egg whites, unless you are cooking to impress. There’s nothing really new about it; it’s essentially just a dressed up sunny side up egg. The combination of fresh parsley and parmesan does add a bit of refinement and adding some crispy fried bacon into the mix would bump up the flavour, but I found myself thinking I would rather just eat one of my cheese fried eggs instead.
But do give these cloud eggs a go if you find them interesting, and let me know how you liked them.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 156
- Net Carbs: 1g
- Carbs: 1g
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 14g
- Fiber: 0g
This recipe makes 5 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
- 2 Eggs
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese
- Fresh Parsley
- Salt to Taste
- 2 drops Lime juice Cream of tartar is a better option if you have some on hand
- Separate the eggs
- Whisk the whites to stuff peaks after seasoning with salt and add a drop or 2 of lime to help stiffen
- Fold in the parsley and cheese into the egg whites gently
- Place on a parchment sheet on a baking tray and make 2 clouds spooning a dip in the center for the yolks
- Bake at 200 C/ 390 F for 3 minutes
- Add the egg yolks in the hollow section of the whites and bake for 3 minutes more
- Garnish with some cheese and parsley