A sweet porky treat
Pork is one of those meats that just goes so well with a sweet touch to it. This sticky pork belly recipe just hits all the sweet spots (pun intended). This recipe is Deepti’s and she had been wanting me to make it for a while and so I just got around to getting her to cook it up while I filmed the video. Hope you folks enjoy the recipe!
Keto Porky Treats
If you are on Keto then this recipe probably isn’t ideal but we’ve got a whole bunch of delicious pork dishes you can try instead. An Asian style Keto pork chilly fry, some delicious BBQ Keto pork ribs or try our Keto pork vindaloo for something spicy.
Sticky Pork Belly
Ingredients for the glaze
For the dish
- 1 kg pork belly
- Chicken stock or 1 litre water and stock cubes
- Sesame Seeds
- Spring Onion Greens
- Chop the pork belly into large even chunks
- Boil the stock and add in sugar, ginger and garlic.
- Add the pork and cook for 2 hours
- Chop the pork into bite sized pices
- Fry the pork in a pan
- Drain/Remove the excess fat
- Add glaze and cook till thick.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and spring onion greens
- Serve with boiled rice.