Anabolic Chicken Tikka Kebab Recipe
I got to admit I’ve done low fat recipes before. I’ve eaten a high protein diet to build muscle before. But it’s only after I started watching Greg Douctte’s videos did I start using or labeling things ‘Anabolic’. Anyway I’ve been eating these wraps (inspired by Coach Greg) but of course with my own spin/twist to it and these low fat chicken tikkas are the perfect filling for the wrap. I hope you enjoy this delicious anabolic chicken recipe.
It’s got a few spices but remember you these are pretty much the basic Indian spices to stock up these and you can use them in many other recipes as well.
Oven & Grill Cooking
These kebabs can also be made on the grill or using an oven. The grill is definitely going to add a lovely smoky flavour to the meat. In the oven you got to be careful because breast meat can dry out and that’s why I prefer the pan. But you can turn up the oven to the max and cook it. I’d suggest using the thermometer to get it cooked perfectly.
I would also recommend if you don’t care as much about protein and fat macros then use chicken leg/thigh instead and use a little more ghee when cooking or baste with ghee when in the oven. That will definitely get you closer to what you taste in a restaurant because they really bathe things in fat.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 201
- Carbs: 1g
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 31g
- Fiber: 0g
This recipe makes 5 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal. To calculate the serving size place all the cooked kebabs on your weighing scale and divide by 5 and then portion out accordingly.
Low Fat Chicken Tikka Kebab
- 500 grams Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 60 grams Yogurt (Regular Dahi) Alternatively unflavoured Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Mustard Oil alternative is ghee
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Lime
- 2 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder Order online
- 1/2 Tsp Tumeric Order online
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder Order online
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder Order online
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala Order online
- 1/2 Tsp Mango Powder Order online
- 1 Tsp Kasuri Methi/Dried Fenugreek Leaves Order online
- 1 Drop Red Food Colour Optional
- Cut the chicken breast into tikka size chunks and marinate with salt, ginger garlic paste, 1tsp kashmiri red chili powder and the juice of half a lime. Marinate for 15-20minutes
- To make the 2nd marinade hang the curd in a cloth to get rid of some of the water. In a bowl heat the mustard oil for 30 seconds in the micro and mix with the remaining Kashmiri chili powder to bring out the red colour.
- Then add in the hung curd and remaining spices including the kasuri methi. Add the chicken into this marinade and let it sit for an hour.
- Cook the kebabs on a non stick frying pan using either pan spray or a very light coating of ghee. No more than 20 calories worth of it. Cook them in 2 batches so as to not crowd the pan. Chicken breast cooks quickly so about 4minutes on each side.
- Once your chicken is cooked, serve with a nice green chutney and garlic with some sliced raw red onions and coriander.