Delicious Keto Salmon Recipe
This all started on a Live Stream on my Youtube channel a few weeks ago. There is a new feature called ‘Superchat’ where fans can ‘donate’ money to the channel during a live stream. Some extremely generous fans donated during my stream. I decided to have each of them give me an ingredient and using those I would cook live on the channel. At the end of the stream I had 5 ingredients, salmon, pine nuts, green beans, oyster mushrooms and capers. My brain immediately started to think of dishes and today when i cooked live this Sesame Crusted Salmon with pine nuts, green beans, capers and oyster mushrooms was born. Watch the video and enjoy!
Let’s start with the main event, the salmon. Replacements here are pretty simple, any fish filet will do the job. You could possibly do this recipe with chicken or paneer as well. Seems doable. With the pine nuts again any nut of choice will work with this recipe. Soya sauce can be replaced with coconut aminos. Green beans with asparagus. So just take the ideas from here and run with it.
I kind of created this recipe on the fly so I haven’t had a chance to calculate the macros but since the amount of ingredients are limited you can directly pop them into MFP as raw ingredients and you’ll get the macros. Cheers!
Keto Sesame Crusted Salmon
- 150 grams Salmon Skinless Filet
- 200 grams Green Beans
- 100 grams Oyster Mushrooms
- 50 grams Pine Nuts
- 1/2 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp Black Sesame Seeds
- 2 Cloves garlic
- Pepper to taste
- 100 ml Chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tsp Capers
- Toast the pine nuts on a dry frying pan till they get nice and brown and roasty, set them aside to cool down in a bowl.
- Mix the soya sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl. Divide the salmon into two portions and add to the marinade and mix well and set aside for 10 min.
- In the same frying pan add the green beans and the stock and cook with a lid on a high heat till the stock is absorbed and no liquid is left in the pan. Add in the garlic and half the butter and fry for a minute till the garlic gets golden. Add about 40g of the pine nuts to the pan and fry for about 30-40 seconds. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Now mix the sesame seeds in a plate and remove the fish and coat in the sesame seeds. Heat the avocado oil in the same pan and then add the fish once it's hot. Cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes each side. After cooking the first side add the butter and then baste the fish with the butter from the pan.
- In the same pan add the mushrooms and any remaining marinade and fry till the mushrooms get a nice brown colour. Remove the mushrooms and quickly add the capers and flash fry them for 30-40 seconds.
- Take the remaining pine runs and crush them in a morter and pestle. To plate up add half the green beans on a plate, one portion of salmon on them, half the mushrooms around the green beans and then sprinkle on the capers and also half the crush pine nuts.
- And done!