Keto Seafood Soup
‘Tis the season to be soupy
Winter is here, which, in Mumbai, means that the temperatures have dropped from the high 30s to, well, mid 20s (that’s 100 F to 75 F for all my US friends). Yes, that’s pretty much summer temperatures everywhere else in the world, but, in Mumbai, it’s time for sweaters to be dusted off, blankets to be swapped for duvets, and rice and curry to be traded in for soups. We like to make the most of our two-day winter.
And, for me, there’s nothing quite like an Asian style seafood soup to hit the spot on a cold day. To be honest, though, I hit upon this recipe for keto seafood soup quite by chance. It all started because one of the stores I buy my meat from had a homemade fish stock available and I just had to pick up a packet. My recipe took inspiration from the seafood soup that I love ordering from Chinese restaurants in India. But most of these soups have loads of cornflour to thicken them up. Instead, I skipped that part and also added some Thai flavours into the mix with the Sichuan peppers, kafir lime leaf, lemongrass and pandan seasoning powders that I added to the soup.
Now I picked up these powders on a whim in a grocery store in Bangkok, So if you can’t find them you can just as easily use fresh lemongrass, kafir lime leaves and pandan leaves, or you can skip them entirely. You can also use regular pepper if you can’t find Sichuan pepper.
Turn it into chicken soup for the soul
Well, if seafood isn’t your thing, you can just as easily turn this into a chicken soup – just substitute the seafood for chicken and the fish stock for chicken stock. Everything else will stay the same. In case you aren’t looking for an Asian style soup or are vegetarian we have some delicious recipes for a spinach soup, mushroom soup and a cream of chicken soup too. Winterrrrrr is herrrrrre!
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 137
- Net Carbs: 2g
- Carbs: 2g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 10g
- Fiber: 0g
This recipe makes 4 servings. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Keto Seafood Soup
- 100 grams Fish Boneless Filets
- 100 grams Prawns
- 250 ml Fish Stock I recommend this one
- 150 ml Water
- 100 ml Coconut Milk Try this one
- 10 grams Ginger
- 10 grams garlic
- 20 grams Spring Onion
- 1 Tsp Pandan powder Try this one
- 1 Tsp Kafir Lime Leaf powder Try this one
- 1 Tsp Lemongrass powder Try this one
- 1 Tsp Sichuan Pepper Try this one
- 1 Tbsp olive oil Try this one
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp White Vinegar/Rice Wine Vinegar Try this one
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce Try this one
- 1 Tsp Fish Sauce Try this one
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Tsp Fresh Coriander
- Chop the fish and prawns into small bite size pieces
- Heat the olive oil in the wok and fry the white part of the spring onion, ginger and garlic
- Then add in the seafood along with the salt, Sichuan pepper powder, pandan powder, lemongrass powder and Kafir lime leaf powder and stir fry
- Then add in the middle part of the spring onion, white vinegar, light soya sauce and some fish sauce and give it all a good mix.
- Add in your fish stock along with the water and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add in the green part of the spring onion and add in 1 beaten egg and mix well
- Finish it off with the coconut milk and coriander.
hi Sahil, I’ve only tried the chocolate pudding so far, however I think I’ll start on the ketogenic diet just to hear you jibber jabber. It’s
so much fun watching your videos and cooking along, you make me smile during cooking and your sweet wife has to be patient with your french accent. you two are a hit, keep up the good work !
Thank you so much for the kind words 🙂
Just started on the diet! Finding it tough! Following you on Insta and also regularly check your website for inspiration. Can you recommend a good source for Keto bread in Mumbai? And if I may , where do you buy your meat from? The fish stock link is showing something else on the amazon page. Can you also recommend fish and chicken stock source for Keto. Thank you for your guidance and inspiring ideas!🙏🏽
Hey so I suggest you look up The Chubby Baker for Keto bread. Meat I buy from many different places, online it’s fresh-pick.in, licious, meatigo, etc etc then there is Joseph cold storage in bandra. And fish cubes are hard to find but lots of these shops selling imported goods have the chicken stock cubes. The amazon links I’m afraid don’t always work because every country the amazon product list is different.
I love ❤️ your keto recipes …. they are awesome ❤️….thanks so much for sharing ….sharing means caring