Keto Dreams are made of these
I turned a failed cookie recipe into Keto chocolate chip muffins. It wasn’t too long ago my wife Deepti set out to make chocolate chip cookies. This inspired me to try and come up with a Keto chocolate chip cookie. Needless to say I failed at making the perfect cookie. But what I did end up with was a recipe for the most delicious Keto chocolate chip muffin.
What I love about this recipe is how easy it is and how quickly you can whip these up. They are prefect for breakfast. Though if I’m being honest I’ve never understood muffins for breakfast. I always prefer to eat them for dessert. But you could also just have them as a snack between meals. I will warn you though, they are almost 300 calories a muffin, so go easy on them!
If you saw the video then you saw my brother and my father show up. My brother made a comment about how the chocolate tastes like chocolate. That’s because I use Lindt 85% or Lindt 90% in it like I do in most of my recipes. We do not get sugar free chocolate chips in India. Or at least that’s what I thought and I didn’t have any when I made this recipe. I did find some sugar free chocolate chips on Amazon India. They conveniently vanished at the time of writing this post. In the recipe below I’ve linked my recommended sugar free chocolate chips which all my non Indian viewers can order. For my Indian viewers I recently made a ‘Keto Shopping List for Indians‘. Which you can use to find the right products.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 285
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Carbs: 8g
- Fat: 24g
- Protein: 7g
- Fiber: 5g
This recipe makes 8 servings. 1 serving = 1 muffin. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 50 grams Almond Flour I recommend this one
- 50 grams Coconut Flour I recommend this one
- 50 grams Peanut Butter I recommend this one
- 100 grams Butter Try this one
- 100 grams Sugar Free Chocolate Chips I recommend this one
- 80 grams Sukrin Gold (or low carb sweetener of choice) I use this one
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda I recommend this one
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder I recommend this one
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract I use this one
- 1 Tsp Instant Coffee Powder Try this one
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 2 Eggs
- Microwave the water for 30 seconds and add in the instant coffee powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on a low heat and cook for about 5-6 minutes till it starts to turn brown. You will see bubbles start to form, the milk solids will separate and finally it will foam up when brown. It's important to keep an eye on it and keep stirring as it can go from brown butter to burnt butter very quickly.
- As soon as the butter browns turn off the heat and pour out the butter into a large mixing bowl and allowed it to cool.
- Add in the coffee mixture into the bowl with the brown butter along with the vanilla extract and Keto sweetener. Make sure you've allowed the butter to cool before doing this. Also make sure you use a powdered sweetener or liquid stevia and not a granulated one.
- Then add in the two eggs and give it all a good mix.
- Finally add in the baking soda, baking power, almond flour, coconut flour and peanut butter. I recommend sifting in the coconut flour through a sieve to avoid lumps.
- Give it all a good mix and then using an ice cream scoop dollop it into your muffin tray. I like to use cupcake liners to make it easier to remove later and I would recommend doing that. This makes about 8 muffins in total.
- Bake at 160C in the oven for about 20 minutes. (Depending on your oven this might even take 25 minutes). Make sure you've pre-heated the oven.
- Once done allow it to cool for a bit before digging into them. You can store them in an airtight box for a couple of days. To store longer put them in the fridge.