A Keto Beef Chili
It’s beef week on Headbanger’s Kitchen and it’s Keto recipe time. I’ve cooked up a delicious Keto Chili Con Carne using ground beef (of course). It’s one of my favourites and with a dollop of sour cream and some avacado, it’s like food porn. So enjoy the recipe. I also tried a new format where I don’t speak during the recipe. Let me know if you like this better than my usual jibber jabber.
Why are there no chilies?
Well the truth is I’m not a big fan of spicy food so I’ve always avoided making my food spicy. Also when I was learning to make chili con carne the chilies were always added on top and raw for some reason. I guess that’s why I left them out. But you can totally spice up your chili con carne with some spice. Either in the form of fresh or pickled jalapenos or perhaps some chili flakes.
You can also get dried chilies and fry them along with the onions. So there are plenty of ways to add that spicy kick to this dish.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 503
- Net Carbs: 7g
- Carbs: 11g
- Fat: 32g
- Protein: 39g
- Fiber: 4g
This recipe makes 4 serving. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Keto Chilli Con Carne - Beef Chilli
- 500 grams Beef Mince (Ground Beef)
- 100 grams Onion
- 200 grams Tomato (pureed)
- 75 grams Green Peppers (Capsicum)
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- 200 grams Bacon (chopped or cubed)
- 200 grams White Mushrooms
- 100 grams Spinach
- Fresh Oregano
- Fresh Coriander
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper Try this one
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder Try this one
- 1 Tsp Paprika Try this one
- 1 Beef Stock Cube Try this one
- olive oil I use this one
- 500 ml Water
- Fry the bacon from a cold pan so that the fat renders out. Add some olive oil to speed up the process
- Once most of the fat has rendered then add in the onions and fry.
- Add the garlic once the onions turn translucent
- As the garlic turns slightly brown add in the green peppers
- Add in the beef along with all the dry seasoning and cook
- Add in the tomatoes,mushrooms and spinach
- Add the stock cube and water
- Cook down for 10 minutes
- Add in the fresh oregano and coriander
- Reduce on the stove if required
- Serve with Sour cream and fresh avacado.