Keto Butter Chicken
Butter chicken is another one of those quintessential Indian dishes that you will find the world over in Indian restaurants. It’s not always Keto friendly though given that some recipes call for sugar and it does use a fair amount of onion and tomato which pushes up the carb count. I decided to amp up the regular butter chicken and turn it into a Keto treat. In my recipe I skipped the tomatoes to create a ‘white’ butter chicken. The standard recipe calls for tomatoes and also is reddish in colour. Anyway enough jibber jabber, enjoy the recipe.
Butter chicken for days
Well if you are looking for something more like the original butter chicken with that rich tomato flavour then try my original recipe here. I’ve also got a Bacon butter chicken and a butter chicken wings recipe. So give these a go and tell me which one is your favourite. If you are a vegetarian you can easily sub the chicken for Paneer and get yourself a Paneer Makhani.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 642
- Net Carbs: 5g
- Carbs: 6g
- Fat: 54g
- Protein: 31g
- Fiber: 1g
This recipe makes 2 serving. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
White Butter Chicken - Murgh Makhani
- 250 grams Boneless chicken legs and thighs
- 100 ml Heavy Cream
- 50 grams Butter I recommend this one
- 1 tbsp Ghee I recommend this
- 2 tbsp Tandoori Masala I recommend this one
- 1 Onion blitzed into a paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste I recommend this one http://geni.us/gingergarlicpaste
- 1/2 Lime juice
- Fresh Coriander
- Salt to Taste
- Kasuri Mehti/Fenugreek Leaves I recommend this one
- Chop the chicken into bite size pieces and marinate with ghee, salt, Tandoori Masala and lime juice
- Melt 10 grams of butter on a high heat and sautee the chicken.
- Once caramelized and cooked, set aside.
- In the same pan melt 30 grams of butter
- Add the onion paste and ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the resting juices and oils from the pre cooked chicken
- Cook for 1 minute and add the chicken
- Add the fenugreek or kasuri methi
- Add the fresh cream and turn off the gas
- Garnish with coriander and the remaining butter.
- Serve however you like!