White Butter Chicken – Murgh Makhani
Keto Butter Chicken
Butter chicken is another one of those quintessential Indian dishes that you will find the world over in Indian restaurants. It’s not always Keto friendly though given that some recipes call for sugar and it does use a fair amount of onion and tomato which pushes up the carb count. I decided to amp up the regular butter chicken and turn it into a Keto treat. In my recipe I skipped the tomatoes to create a ‘white’ butter chicken. The standard recipe calls for tomatoes and also is reddish in colour. Anyway enough jibber jabber, enjoy the recipe.
Butter chicken for days
Well if you are looking for something more like the original butter chicken with that rich tomato flavour then try my original recipe here. I’ve also got a Bacon butter chicken and a butter chicken wings recipe. So give these a go and tell me which one is your favourite. If you are a vegetarian you can easily sub the chicken for Paneer and get yourself a Paneer Makhani.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 642
- Net Carbs: 5g
- Carbs: 6g
- Fat: 54g
- Protein: 31g
- Fiber: 1g
This recipe makes 2 serving. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
White Butter Chicken - Murgh Makhani
- 250 grams Boneless chicken legs and thighs
- 100 ml Heavy Cream
- 50 grams Butter I recommend this one
- 1 tbsp Ghee I recommend this
- 2 tbsp Tandoori Masala I recommend this one
- 1 Onion blitzed into a paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste I recommend this one http://geni.us/gingergarlicpaste
- 1/2 Lime juice
- Fresh Coriander
- Salt to Taste
- Kasuri Mehti/Fenugreek Leaves I recommend this one
- Chop the chicken into bite size pieces and marinate with ghee, salt, Tandoori Masala and lime juice
- Melt 10 grams of butter on a high heat and sautee the chicken.
- Once caramelized and cooked, set aside.
- In the same pan melt 30 grams of butter
- Add the onion paste and ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the resting juices and oils from the pre cooked chicken
- Cook for 1 minute and add the chicken
- Add the fenugreek or kasuri methi
- Add the fresh cream and turn off the gas
- Garnish with coriander and the remaining butter.
- Serve however you like!
Sahil, I tried searching for the Butter Chicken on MyFitnessPal and it doesn’t come up. Then I tried using the link from your web site but it won’t let me log it in. I then copied the recipe and saved it under recipes and the carbs were a lot higher than on your web site?
made this last night and turned out to be THE BEST BUTTER CHICKEN I’VE EVER TASTED. THANKS SAHIL!
Glad to hear that.
Absolutely wonderful! Very quick and easy. Shocked at how delicious and easy this was. Usually i will spend all day in the kitchen to make an indian dish. Will definitely be making this again.
This recipe was a real hit – thank you very much. I think it’s the methi that makes all the difference. Thank you for all your wonderful work.
Your other butter chicken recipes call for 450 grams of chicken. Is this one supposed to be only 250 grams of chicken?
Yes that’s correct. That is why it makes only 2 servings.
La meilleure recette cétogène, hyper bon, meilleur que la version originale à la tomate. A manger avec des naans au fromage: un régal !!! Difficile de s’arrêter…
This is divine. We make this every other month along with stir fried green beans, shredded carrots