A spicy scrambled egg dish – Keto Akuri
Scrambled eggs can get a bit boring, especially given that many folks eat a lot of eggs on the Keto diet. I have a recipe to break that monotony it’s a Keto Akuri. Egg Bhurji or as the Parsi folks call it, Akuri is a spiced scrambled egg with some onions, tomato and fresh coriander. It’s a fantastic way to kick start your day. Of course there are many ways to scramble your eggs, so if Indian food isn’t your cup of tea, try our green eggs and ham or our brown butter scrambled eggs.
Cooking scrambled eggs
Cooking scrambled eggs and omelets and even fried eggs are fairly controversial topics, almost like walking on eggshells. The french absolutely love their scrambled eggs rather creamy and wet and similarly their omelets, soft in the middle and without colour. Indians on the other hand, largely prefer their eggs fully cooked and solid. So how do you like your eggs? Leave me a comment and let me know. Cheers!
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 305
- Net Carbs: 5g
- Carbs: 6g
- Fat: 26g
- Protein: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
This recipe makes 1 serving. Get this recipe on myfitnesspal.
Egg Bhurji - Akuri - Spicy Scrambled Eggs
- 2 Eggs
- 20 grams Onions chopped
- 25 grams Tomatoes chopped
- 5 grams Ginger Garlic Paste I recommend this
- 8 grams Ghee I recommend this one
- 10 grams Butter Try this one
- Fresh Coriander
- Salt to Taste
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Red Chilli Powder I use this one
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric I recommend this one
- Beat the 2 eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper
- Heat the ghee in a non stick pan
- Fry the onions till translucent
- Add in the ginger and garlic paste and cook for a further minute
- Add in the tomatoes and cook till tender
- Add in some salt, red chili powder and turmeric
- Cook out the masala and then pour in the beaten eggs
- Keep stiring constantly breaking up the eggs and scrambling them
- Finish with fresh coriander and butter.
My favourite… Can’t have scrambled eggs … It’s too blunt for me. I like this one and almost my everyday recipe to make egg tasty.
Takes the dull, scrambled egg to new levels of goodness. I did add a little chopped jalapeno to mine.
Hi Sahil, how would macros changed if I replaced whole eggs with egg whites to get the same amount of bhurji. How many egg whites would i need and what would the macros be? Thank you.
hey Kirti, you will need to calculate that yourself in MFP. I’ve made a video teaching you how to enter your own custom recipes in MFP. Why are you not eating the yolks? That’s the most healthy and nutritious part of it.
I’m a diabetic and eggs are a great choice, but I can be picky about eggs. These were great! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I purchased the chili powder and for those curious, I’d describe it as a quality paprika with a mild kick at the end. 10/10 ✔️
Glad to hear that!