Make Birria Tacos With Turkey
Headbangers, it’s taco time! Are you tired of the same old taco night routine? Then it’s time to spice things up with birria tacos. But our recipe comes with a turkey twist. It’s our unique take on the traditional Mexican dish that has taken the local culinary scene by storm. And for a good reason.
Tender turkey, smoking hot spices, and a rich broth make for a mouth-watering meal. So grab your apron and get ready to conquer yet another turkey recipe—straight out of the Headbanger’s Kitchen!
The Taco Story – BTS of Birria Tacos
What are birria tacos? In recent years, ‘birria quesatacos‘ have gained popularity in the US. From food trucks and pop-up restaurants to established chains, everyone’s offering their unique twists of the classic dish. Birria tacos are often served in a corn taco shell, with tender beef, melted cheese, cilantro, onions, and a side of consommé, or broth, for dipping. Talk about the perfect comfort food for all times!
Did you know that food lovers have launched a Change.com petition to feature the famous snack on the Chipotle menu? Also, foodies have taken to TikTok to publish dedicated ‘hacks’ that tell you how to get Chipotle to make the infamous birria tacos for you!
Crazy about tacos? Sign me up! Our turkey birria recipe uses the thighs. Before we start, here’s a simple guide on breaking down turkey at home. You also need to grab fresh turkey as your birria needs perfect, tender meat that falls apart on the touch. I usually order mine online from Sweet Stuff.
Pro Tip: Remove the membrane from the chipotle, red ancho, and guajillo chilis if you’re spice-averse like me!
Looking for some cool Headbanger’s merch? Head over here > https://headbangers-kitchen.creator-spring.com/.
How to spice up canned cranberry sauce
- 200 grams frozen cranberries (use fresh cranberries if you get them)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- Add frozen cranberries, a cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves, and cardamom to a saucepan.
- Add in the Birria seasoning and dried chilies. Deglaze the pan by adding 2 cups of water to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the seared turkey thighs back to the pot. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- After this, remove the turkey from the pot and set it aside.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the ingredients in the pot until smooth.
- Add 4 cups of water, and season with salt to taste.
- Return the turkey to the pot, cover it, and cook for 10 minutes until tender.
- Remove the turkey from the pot and shred the meat using two forks. Then chop finely with a sharp knife.
- Add some consommé to keep the turkey meat moist.
- Heat the tortillas in a dry pan over medium heat to assemble the tacos.
- Add some shredded Oaxaca cheese to the tortilla, followed by some shredded turkey meat.
- Spoon more consommé over the turkey and top with chopped onion and cilantro.
- Turn the heat off and serve the tacos with additional consommé on the side. Squeeze a bit of lime on top for extra zing!
РєСѓРїРёС‚СЊ Р±РѕР»СЊС€РёРµ РїСЂРѕР·СЂР°С‡РЅС‹Рµ РјРµС€РєРё