Djentleman’s Roast Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
|Djentleman’s Roast Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy|
- Djentleman’s Roast
- 1 Full Roasting Chicken
- 1 Stick butter
- Fresh Rosemary
- Fresh Thyme
- Chicken stock
- Olive Oil
- Mashed Potatoes
- Boiled Potatoes
- Mix the fresh herbs and garlic with the butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the butter into two portions and insert one under the skin of each breast of the chicken
- Fill the cavity of the chicken with garlic, left over herbs and squeezed out lemons.
- Coat the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in an oven preheated to 250 C for about an hour and 15 min.(approx 1 hour per KG)
- Remove and allow to rest.
- Transfer the juices from the pan into a saucepan and cook on medium heat
- Whisk in 2 table spoons of flour and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the chicken stock and cook further for 5minutes
- Turn off gas and add some fresh lemon juice and serve with the chicken.
- Add the butter, milk, salt and pepper to the boiled potatoes
- Microwave for 2minutes will the butter melts.
- Mash till nice and creamy.
- Optionally you can add some herbs, cheese or anything else to give it a unique flavour.